Wednesday, March 11, 2015

I hope winter is over!

Nearly 70 degrees today with sunshine and clear skies!  To celebrate, I rolled the International steam locomotive out of the shop and finished alignment on the right hand crosshead and guide bar.  Of course, I went to find the wrist pins so I could machine new bushings for the connecting rods... and discovered that one of them is gone.  One of the crossheads was disassembled when the locomotive arrived, and today was the first time I looked for the wrist pin in the box of parts that accompanied the locomotive.  So, the locomotive will now get new wrist pins - no sense in making one new one and using one old one, might as well make both of them new to match the bushings.  You might remember that the bushings for that crosshead was also missing.  At least the rest of the parts are there.  Maybe I'll get this thing running eventually:

No comments:

Post a Comment