Sunday, October 5, 2014

The Trackplan...

I recently had a request to post a track plan of the railroad so that it is easier to see the extent of the downsizing project.  It hadn't occurred to me to do so - after all, I'm around the railroad all the time, so it's all familiar to me - but it was a great suggestion, so here are a couple of very crude track plans.  I traced these off of a satellite photo of the property, so they aren't the best quality:

BEFORE:
 
 AFTER:
 
Although a couple of minor sidings have been removed at Northview, the majority of the downsizing that has been completed is the switchback that connected the mainline to the old Frisco Valley Carbarn, Brown's Sawmill & The Stansbury Lead Mine.  The carbarn, sawmill and lead mine still exist, they are just no longer connected by track.  As you can tell from the maps, the "Wye" at Northview will eventually be removed and replaced by a turntable.  I am in the process of building (well, rebuilding) the Northview Turntable.  Once it is ready to install, I will start pulling up the 200+ feet of track that make up the Wye.


No comments:

Post a Comment